Web Content Associate
The student Web Content Associate will join the Pamplin web team to help maintain and keep the thousands of webpages up-to-date within the Pamplin domains. This includes websites for our seven academic departments, various programs and initiatives, as well as the flagship https://pamplin.vt.edu.
In addition to making updates to the website through the content management system, this position will also develop and design new pages giving them an updated feel. These updates will be driven by analytics to best enhance the information being communicated to our diverse audiences.
- Updating content on the Pamplin websites
- Create new content to be highlighted
- Redesigning pages to have better design
- Cataloging metadata about different pages within the content management system such as audience, content owner, and analytics
- Demonstrated knowledge of writing HTML
- Basic photo editing skills
- Effective interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication.
- Has experiences communicating technical information to non-technical users.
- Has excellent English skills
- Knowledge of current web technologies
- Understanding of CSS and Bootstrap
About Pamplin Office of Information Technology
The Pamplin Office of IT provides high quality technology-based services, through exceptional customer support, that focus on the creative problem solving and future-oriented solutions that support the learning, teaching, research, and administration of the college in a secure and efficient manner.
The Pamplin Office of IT supports the faculty, staff, and students of the Pamplin College of Business
$15.00 / hour
6-10 hours / week
Hours are set into a schedule (Mon-Fri 8am-5pm) for each semester. We would prefer someone that can work 2-3 hours each day at least 2 days a week. This position may be able to work outside normal hours once a proven track record is established.