The student Front-End Developer will work to expand the capabilities of our public facing websites. This includes similar tools to those that have already been developed: Ensemble CMS Tools and Utilities. Most projects are self-contained.
This position will work with our web team to develop tools for updating and displaying information.
- Development of utilities to be used on the public facing websites (*.pamplin.vt.edu)
- Writing CSS and JQuery to target HTML elements
- Effective interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication.
- Experience developing and testing locally
- Understanding of different browsers
- Demonstrated use of effective problem solving skills
- Understanding of APIs, JSON objects, and Async programming
- Understanding of Git and Cloud storage
About Pamplin Office of Information Technology
The Pamplin Office of IT provides high quality technology-based services, through exceptional customer support, that focus on the creative problem solving and future-oriented solutions that support the learning, teaching, research, and administration of the college in a secure and efficient manner.
The Pamplin Office of IT supports the faculty, staff, and students of the Pamplin College of Business
$15.00 / hour
6-10 hours / week
Hours are set into a schedule (Mon-Fri 8am-5pm) for each semester. We would prefer someone that can work 2-3 hours each day at least 2 days a week. This position may be able to work outside normal hours once a proven track record is established.