Design and Print Associate
The student Design & Print Associate will help the College of Business with the production of good looking and effective marketing and promotion materials. This will include materials like posters, bulletin boards, pop-up banners, and digital signage. These should follow the Virginia Tech and Pamplin College of Business brand guide.
In addition to designing, the student Design & Print Associate to assist with College of Business with the management of the College's print center. The print center has a variety of tools to provide high-quality marketing and other printed materials including a photo-quality plotter, color copier, photo printer, binding machines, and cutters. This position will work with the stakeholders of the College to ensure the work stays on VT Brand as well as it completed in the the quick turn arounds.
- Printing and production of posters, booklets, flyers, and other paper materials using a variety of tools: plotter, photo printers, cutters, binding machines, etc.
- Graphical design and editing of print and digital media such as digital signage, pop-up banners, and bulletin boards
- Photography for use in designs
- Maintain the user guides and specifications
- Communication with College of Business departmental staff and faculty members to determine design and print needs
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, especially InDesign, Illustrator, & Photoshop (A license will be provided)
- Basic Knowledge of digital cameras and photography
- Effective interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work with tight timelines and deadlines
- Experience with video editing
- Understanding of Digital Signage
- Understanding of different print medium
About Pamplin Office of Information Technology
The Pamplin Office of IT provides high quality technology-based services, through exceptional customer support, that focus on the creative problem solving and future-oriented solutions that support the learning, teaching, research, and administration of the college in a secure and efficient manner.
The Pamplin Office of IT supports the faculty, staff, and students of the Pamplin College of Business
$15.00 / hour
6-10 hours / week
Hours are set into a schedule (Mon-Fri 8am-5pm) for each semester. We would prefer someone that can work 2-3 hours each day at least 2 days a week. This position may be able to work outside normal hours once a proven track record is established.