An example system would be a form for faculty to submit annual faculty reports. These are PDF documents that the associate dean and department heads review. The submitted PDF should be properly renamed and stored in our cloud storage. Reports could then be run on who has submitted their reports. Most applications are stand-alone and will be developed using primarily front-end HTML and scripts using APIs.
- Development of HTML forms
- Interviewing stakeholders to best understand how a workflow can improve the current process
- Design of workflows primarily through Azure Logic Apps
- Effective interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication.
- Experience developing and testing locally
- Understanding of developing for different browsers
- Demonstrated use of effective problem solving skills
- Understanding of APIs, JSON objects, and Async programming
- Understanding of SQL and storing data in databases
- Understanding of version Control using Git
- Understanding of cloud-based storage
About Pamplin Office of Information Technology
The Pamplin Office of IT provides high quality technology-based services, through exceptional customer support, that focus on the creative problem solving and future-oriented solutions that support the learning, teaching, research, and administration of the college in a secure and efficient manner.
The Pamplin Office of IT supports the faculty, staff, and students of the Pamplin College of Business
$15.00 / hour
6-10 hours / week
Hours are set into a schedule (Mon-Fri 8am-5pm) for each semester. We would prefer someone that can work 2-3 hours each day at least 2 days a week. This position may be able to work outside normal hours once a proven track record is established.