End User Support Associate
We are looking for someone to work MONDAYS & WEDNESDAY 1PM - 6PM
The Pamplin College of Business - Office of Information Technology supports all faculty, staff, and graduate students on all aspects of technology. The College has a team of students comprised of graduates and undergraduates that report to the Assistant Director of Information Technology, Kevin Bishop. Tasks vary depending on skill set, experiences, and time of the year. Candidates should have a strong background in technology, specially troubleshooting.
- Provide friendly first level contact and enter details into a ticketing system
- Provide one-on-one assistance with end-users and departments
- Solve basic and complex technical problems
- Properly hand off unresolved tickets at the end of shift
- Effective interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication.
- Has experiences communicating technical information to non-technical users.
- Demonstrated good technical troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated use of effective problem solving skills.
- Has excellent English skills.
- Good understanding of wireless networks at Virginia Tech.
- Experience deploying and configuring an operating system.
- Knowledge of current technology and hardware.
About Pamplin Office of Information Technology
The Pamplin Office of IT provides high quality technology-based services, through exceptional customer support, that focus on the creative problem solving and future-oriented solutions that support the learning, teaching, research, and administration of the college in a secure and efficient manner.
$15.00 / hour
8-15 hours / week
Hours are set into a schedule (Mon-Fri 8am-5pm) for each semester. We would prefer someone that can work 2-3 hours each day at least 2 days a week.